TAG: Why do you wear MAKEUP?

I've had quite a long break from blogging myself recently, but that hasn't stopped me from catching up with a few of my favorite writers and vloggers weekly. As I've been checking out the latest posts from my regular reads, I noticed this tag, which actually I find quite interesting and so have chosen to expand on it using my own experiences. 

The three questions, are great fun and as a massive makeup lover, I couldn't help but do a post about it. So! here we go! WORDY POST ALERT!


When did you begin loving makeup? 
I first started wearing makeup in Year 9, that would make me around 13/14 - quite young! I hung round with some 'chavvy' girls and so smothering my face in orange creme and dark kohl around my eyes was not out of the ordinary. My first makeup bag (and I can remember quite distinctly) contained only a second hand stick of Bourjois mascara and some Virgin Vie powder. 
Since then, I really started to love makeup in my first year of college, combined with my first wage, my love for makeup spurred me to buy my first Clinique foundation and Urban Decay eye kohl and shadow. I also became quite an avid reader of blogs, and as one of LLYMLRS first 100 followers was persuaded to try Chanel Mat Lumiere and since then, I've never looked back. My collection has progressed dramatically and I became officially a makeup LOVER!

How do you feel without makeup? 
I've been brought up to respect natural beauty, my mum isn't a dressy person in any stretch of the imagination, smart and practical, but never one to wear more than mascara and perfume. As such, I don't feel too bad without my makeup, I don't always feel myself, and can get depressed with how I look as much as the next girl but as far as my face goes, i'm quite accepting of it. I like to give my face a break from makeup quite alot and if I have no plans, there really wont be anything on my face- which I'm ok with (:

What do you like about makeup? 
The thing I love the most about makeup is its power to change how you feel. Within 10 minutes you can instantly feel sexy and confident, or pretty and keen just through different styles and shades. It's also so relaxing and therapeutic to apply, either at night or in the morning - NEVER underestimate the power of porcelain skin and a winged eye for confidence!

Three Holy Grail items? 
I'm still on the lookout! I've never found my holy grail foundation! In fact, the closest I've come is the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light but I know i'm still not their yet! At the moment, I'd say my three MUST HAVE items, are my 'THEY'RE REAL!' mascara by Benefit, my 'AMARGAN OIL', and my 'COCO ROUGE' Lipstick by Chanel- though I can't quite remember the color of the top of my head. 

And there we have it, the story of my makeup life. I've had a few trials and tribulations along the way, but I will always certainly be a makeup lover.

E xx



1 comments:

  1. Enjoy reading these tags, I think we all have such different reasons for wearing make up.

    Must check out that Channel lippie!

    Here's my post too: http://www.alaurentoherself.com/2012/10/why-do-you-wear-make-up.html

    x

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news

Progress so far

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

bloglovin

Blogroll

LilySlim Weight loss tickers